Minimum Wage News
- Read more... here!
- 92 WageIndicator Countries - 60 new countries in the pipeline
- WageIndicator Salary Surveys
- WageIndicator Salary Checks - Updates non stop
- WageIndicator Minimum Wages - Latest update May 2017
- WageIndicator Minimum Wages and Big Mac
- WageIndicator Wages in Context - Update April 2017
- WageIndicator Wages in Context country reports - Update April 2017
- WageIndicator Labour Law - Non stop updates
- WageIndicator Labour Law in Maps - Update May 2017
- WageIndicator Collective Agreements - Non stop updates
WageIndicator creates DecentWorkChecks. Currently (2017) these are operational and put online in almost 100 countries, together with a standard selection of the national labour laws. However, there remain dozens more countries to go. As we proceed, finding labour law information online gets harder. Therefore WageIndicator urgently calls upon Law Graduates to assist in this effort. All our volunteers have the language skills needed to create easy to understand content on local labour legislation. For the list of countries that are covered already, please visit www.decentworkcheck.org. Assistance in reviewing and updating published labour law content is also greatly appreciated.
Publish labour law information as a first step to increase awareness Increased awareness about labour rights arguably helps to enforce decent labour standards. The DecentWorkCheck, an online comparative tool developed by WageIndicator, fills information gaps with the aim to increase labour rights awareness as a first step. Informed individuals - whether a worker, self-employed, employee, employer, policy maker, or labour inspector – are more likely to ask for their rights (as a worker), comply with the rules (as an employer), strive to enforce these (as a labour inspector) and try to foster proper legislation (as a policy maker).
Towards global coverage in 2019: In 2016 alone, 40 million Internet users visited 92 WageIndicator country websites to access labour law and other related information. We aim to increase our outreach to 160 countries by the end of 2019, i.e. approaching global coverage.
If you are interested to participate in our work, please Contact us.
Collective Bargaining News
- Read more... here!
- United Kingdom - Blog describes fall in real wages - June 30, 2017
- United Kingdom - Chronology of labour law updated - June 30, 2017
- United Kingdom - Unpaid wages – features and prevalence - June 30, 2017
- United Kingdom - UNICEF warns for child poverty - June 30, 2017
- United Kingdom - Series of strikes coming up in hospitals - June 30, 2017
more... WageIndicator News!
- European collective agreements provide for equality and work/family balance - June 20, 2017
- Labour law maps updated for 152 countries and 33 topics - June 20, 2017
- Catalene Passchier elected as Workers' President of ILO - June 17, 2017
- New Wages in Context map for more transparency - May 23, 2017
- Garment workers Indonesia can make industry more transparent - April 21, 2017